it is now 11:14pm as i start writing this post because i’m a huge procrastinator. during winter break, i made a to-do list which included updating this blog that i’ve forsaken for more than a year but can you really blame me considering the current events?
let’s see, a succinct bulleted list in approximate chronological order seems most apt. also cell phone pics sprinkled in because i’m too lazy to look through photos from my real camera.
- breakup but had wonderful friends/coworkers who put this on my desk the next day
- found this while eating breakfast and laughed
- finished invisalign aka mouth prison
- learned sql
- learned how to top rope and joined a rock climbing gym
- went on a road trip around utah and saw bryce canyon, arches, zion national park
- last broadcast of our radio show as we close down the studio. we started in 2014 and went through 3 studios during this time in brooklyn.
- started new job at tumblr
- met one of my favorite authors, augusten burroughs at his reading/book signing for toil & trouble
- saw moulin rouge on broadway with my mom
- photographed bloc party at central park centerstage
- another breakup lmao
- bought canon 5d mark iv
- met someone i thought i was gonna spend my life with
- planned greece trip with best friends (lol cancelled)
- scheduled a tattoo (lol cancelled)
- got covid in march before the virus became a pandemic and recovered
- put together a covid playlist and writeup for brooklynvegan
- actually rode my bike around manhattan and brooklyn
- finally made my patio nice with furnishings
- bought a violin
- broke up 🙃
- finally finished dental work including bone graft and implant
- burned my hand badly making tea like an idiot. you can see it in this video on my cat’s tumblr.
- finished journal (march 2014 – july 2020) and started on third volume.
- fostered a kitten and treated him for ringworm. ❤ humphrey found a good home.
- bought a house (wtf)
- moved back to la after 7 years in new york
- became completely obsessed with BTS
- started learning korean
i’d be lying if i said life feels normal. i’m infinitely grateful for the privileges i’ve had during this last year; i have been incredibly fortunate compared to many.
i think one of the reasons i haven’t posted much here is that i feel overwhelmed. each one of those bullet points could be a post in itself but i need to go to sleep now.